Advisories to County Elections Officials - August 2018
The California Secretary of State periodically provides written guidance and information to the state's county elections officials to help ensure a smooth electoral process.
The written advisories -- known as CCROVs since they are directed to County Clerks & Registrars of Voters -- are posted here shortly after they are provided to county elections officials. Electronic copies of all CCROVs dating back to January 2, 2007, are posted here.
To obtain a copy of a CCROV issued in 2006 or earlier -- or if you have any questions or comments -- please email the Elections Division staff using our online form or call (916) 657-2166.
Search all Advisories
Select by Date
- General Election: Randomized Alphabet Drawing(PDF)
- General Election: Ballot Tint and Watermark Assignment(PDF)
- General Election: Final Ballot Labels and Titles and Summaries(PDF)
- General Election: November 6, 2018, General Election, Election Night Vote Results Reporting(PDF)
- National Voter Registration Act: Designation of California Community Colleges, Offices for Students with Disabilities, and the Department of Social Services, Office of Services to the Blind, Assistance Dog Special Allowance Program, as Voter Registration Agencies(PDF)
- Initiative: Failure of #1843, Related to Healthcare(PDF)
- Initiative: Failure of #1842, Related to Criminal Justice(PDF)
- Initiative: Failure of #1831, Related to Taxes and Bonds(PDF)
- Voting Systems: OVSTA Monthly Update – August 2018(PDF)
- General Election: CalVoter II and VoteCal Election Reporting Schedule(PDF)
- General Election: Suspension of National Change of Address (NCOA) Processing(PDF)
- Initiative: Failure of #1838, Related to Farm Animals(PDF)