Advisories to County Elections Officials - April 2017
The California Secretary of State periodically provides written guidance and information to the state's county elections officials to help ensure a smooth electoral process.
The written advisories -- known as CCROVs since they are directed to County Clerks & Registrars of Voters -- are posted here shortly after they are provided to county elections officials. Electronic copies of all CCROVs dating back to January 2, 2007, are posted here.
To obtain a copy of a CCROV issued in 2006 or earlier -- or if you have any questions or comments -- please email the Elections Division staff using our online form or call (916) 657-2166.
Search all Advisories
Select by Date
- Initiative: 1798, Related to the Legislature(PDF)
- VoteCal: Local Elections (PDF)
- Initiative: Withdrawal of 1795, Related to California Nationhood(PDF)
- Voting Systems: Approval of Election Systems and Software Inc. Unity 22.214.171.124 Voting System(PDF)
- Regulations: AB 1461 – California New Motor Voter Program(PDF)
- Voter Mailings: Move Update Compliance – Legal Restraint Method Approval(PDF)
- Voter Education and Outreach: High School Voter Education Weeks April 17-28, 2017 (PDF)
- Voting Systems: OVSTA Monthly Update – April 2017(PDF)
- Language Accessibility Advisory Committee: April 14, 2017, Meeting(PDF)
- Voter Registration: Postage Reimbursement and Replenishment Claims (FY 2016/2017– 3rd Quarter)(PDF)