Advisories to County Elections Officials - February 2017
The California Secretary of State periodically provides written guidance and information to the state's county elections officials to help ensure a smooth electoral process.
The written advisories -- known as CCROVs since they are directed to County Clerks & Registrars of Voters -- are posted here shortly after they are provided to county elections officials. Electronic copies of all CCROVs dating back to January 2, 2007, are posted here.
To obtain a copy of a CCROV issued in 2006 or earlier -- or if you have any questions or comments -- please email the Elections Division staff using our online form or call (916) 657-2166.
Search all Advisories
Select by Date
- Regulations: AB 1461 – California New Motor Voter Program(PDF)
- VoteCal: Vote-by-Mail Status and Provisional Ballot Lookup(PDF)
- Initiatives: Report on County and Municipal Initiative Measures (2015/2016)(PDF)
- Voter Accessibility Advisory Committee: Membership and Meeting Calendar(PDF)
- Political Body: Open Party(PDF)
- Political Body: California National Party(PDF)
- Voting Systems: OVSTA Monthly Update – February 2017 (PDF)
- VoteCal: California Online Voter Registration (COVR) (PDF)
- Cameras at Polling Places(PDF)
- Reporting Instructions for the Odd-Numbered Year Report of Registration (PDF)
- Report of Registration: Contact Information and Newly Incorporated Cities Survey(PDF)