As California's regularly scheduled general elections approach, the California Student Mock Election web page is updated with all the materials it takes to stage a well-run student mock election and help young people become informed and engaged voters.
The Student Mock Election Supply Kit includes:
- Student Mock Election Cover Letter (available in August)
- "I Voted" stickers (DOC)
- Secretary of State's Official Voter Information Guide (available in August)
- Mock Election Voter Information Guide (available in September)
- Instructions for tabulating and reporting election results (coming soon)
- Ballots (available in August)
- Useful links for planning and holding a student mock election (PDF)
- High School Student Poll Worker Flyer (PDF)
- Mock Election Poster(PDF)
- School Vote Report Form (available in August)
If you have any questions regarding the California Student Mock Election, please email us at MyVote@sos.ca.gov.
DEMOCRACY CENTRAL: A Teacher's Guide to California's Statewide Elections
Teachers are invited to draw from this collection of standards-based lesson plans and activities, many of which are also suitable for use in years with no statewide election.
- Democracy Central: A Teacher’s Guide to California’s Statewide Elections
- Companion Volumes