News & Notices, Customer Alerts and Processing Times
- News & Notices: Get the latest information about changes affecting business conducted with the Business Programs Division.
- Customer Alerts: Get the latest information about confirmed scams against Californians and businesses in the State of California, and what you can do if you have been a victim of a scam.
- Get the current processing dates for Business Entities and determine which method of submission meets your needs.
Over 140 Business Filings, Name Reservations, and Orders for Certificates of Status and Certified Copies of Corporations, Limited Liability Companies and Limited Partnerships available online.
The Business Entities Section of the Secretary of State’s office processes filings, maintains records and provides information to the public relating to business entities (corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, general partnerships, limited liability partnerships and other business filings).
- Service Options: Options for online searches and filings, document processing and information requests (for certificates, copies and status reports)
- Name Reservations: Corporation, limited liability company and limited partnership name reservations
- Forms, Samples & Fees: Forms, document samples and associated fees
- Statements of Information (annual/biennial reports): Corporation and Limited Liability Company statements of information, Common Interest Development Association statements and Publicly Traded Disclosure statements
- Filing Tips: Tips for filing most corporation, limited liability company and limited partnership documents
- Information Requests: Orders for certificates, copies and status reports
- Service of Process: Substituted service of process
- FAQs: Answers to the most frequently asked business entity questions
- Victims of Corporate Fraud Compensation Fund: Restitution to victims of corporate fraud
General provisions governing most business entities are found in the California Corporations Code.