Advisories to County Elections Officials - August 2019
The California Secretary of State periodically provides written guidance and information to the state's county elections officials to help ensure a smooth electoral process.
The written advisories -- known as CCROVs since they are directed to County Clerks & Registrars of Voters -- are posted here shortly after they are provided to county elections officials. Electronic copies of all CCROVs dating back to January 2, 2007, are posted here.
To obtain a copy of a CCROV issued in 2006 or earlier -- or if you have any questions or comments -- please email the Elections Division staff using our online form or call (916) 657-2166.
Search all Advisories
Select by Date
- Voting Accessibility Advisory Committee: September 18, 2019 Meeting (PDF)
- Primary Election: Reporting Instructions for the October 1, 2019, 154-Day Report of Registration (PDF)
- Report of Registration: Contact Information and Newly Incorporated Cities Survey (PDF)
- Presidential Primary Election: County Central Committees (PDF)
- VoteCal: County Test Environment - September 15, 2019 Release (PDF)
- Voting Modernization Board: Next Scheduled Meeting – September 25, 2019 (PDF)
- Voting Modernization Board: Actions from the August 9, 2019, Meeting (PDF)
- November 5, 2019, Elections: Randomized Alphabet Drawing (PDF)
- Voting Systems: OVSTA Monthly Update – August 2019 (PDF)
- Initiative: 1863, Related to Spousal Support (PDF)
- Voting Systems: Voting Technology Public Hearing (PDF)
- Initiative: Failure of #1861, Related to Legal Rights to Children (PDF)
- Language Accessibility Advisory Committee: August 15, 2019, Meeting (PDF)