The Secretary of State offers two options for submitting the cannabis related business entity filings:

1. File Online - Fastest Service


The business entity filings below can be submitted directly online.

Over 140 Business Filings, Name Reservations, and Orders for Certificates of Status and Certified Copies of Corporations, Limited Liability Companies and Limited Partnerships available online.


2. File by Mail or In Person 

All business forms can be submitted by mail or in person. Locate the form that you would like to submit and follow the instructions. Information regarding our address and business hours can be found on the Contact Information - Business Entities webpage. 

Locate Your Form

  1. Limited Liability Companies (LLC) - California
  2. Corporations and Cooperative - California
  3. Change from Nonprofit Mutual Benefit Corporation to Stock Corporation
  4. Change from Nonprofit Mutual Benefit Corporation to Limited Liability Company - 2 Steps
  5. Trademarks and Service Marks
    Applications to file a Trademark or Service Mark registration can be submitted online. All Trademark and Service Mark forms are available on the Forms and Fees page.
  6. Other Forms and Fees
    The forms above represent the most common cannabis-related filings. Visit, for a more comprehensive list of forms related to Business Entities, Trademarks/Service Marks, Uniform Commercial Code and other types of filings.