Election Night Data-Feed Information
November 3, 2020, General Election
The General Election test data is randomly generated for use in application testing by Secretary of State staff and clients until November 3, 2020.
This sample data does not represent projected outcomes in any contest.
Documentation by Section
- Election Night Data–Feed Guide (coming soon)
General information about the file formats, file retrieval, and testing processes.
- ASCII File Format (PDF)
Technical specifications for the ASCII file format.
- API Documentation (PDF)
Technical reference describing how to use and what is available in the API for the 2020 Presidential Primary Election.
- Testing Schedule (PDF)
Testing dates and times for this election.
- References (PDF)
Detail layout of contests, contest descriptions, political party descriptions, and political subdivisions by county.
ASCII Files - General Election Contests
- V20PG.txt - The votes results file (Updated: 11/3/2020)
- R20PG.txt - List of races (Updated: 11/3/2020)
- C20PG.txt - List of candidates and short proposition names (Updated: 11/3/2020)
- P20PG.txt - List of Precincts (Updated: 11/3/2020)
- S20PG.txt - List of Counties (Updated: 11/3/2020)
System Test Schedule
Wednesday, October 14
|8:00 a.m. to 12 noon PT|
Wednesday, October 21
|8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon PT|
|Wednesday, October 28||8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon PT|
|Saturday, October 31||8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PT|
- Political Subdivisions by County
- Counties within Congressional Districts
- Counties within State Senate Districts
- Counties within Assembly Districts
- Counties within Board of Equalization Districts
- Counties within Appellate Court Districts
- County Combinations of State Assembly, Congressional,
State Senate, Board of Equalization and Appellate Districts