The following is a list of statewide measures that have qualified for the ballot. For those measures that are currently attempting to qualify, see the Initiative and Referendum Qualification Status page.
For initiative measures that are eligible for the ballot, see the Eligible Statewide Initiative Measures page. An eligible initiative measure is one in which the required number of signatures have been submitted to and verified by the county elections officials. Eligible initiative measures will become qualified for the ballot on the 131st day prior to the next Statewide General Election unless withdrawn by the proponents prior to its qualification by the Secretary of State.
For information on the campaign committees that have organized to support or oppose propositions and ballot measures on the statewide ballot, see the Propositions and Ballot Measures Campaign Finance Activity page.
March 5, 2024, Statewide Ballot Measures
- AB 531 (Chapter 789, Statutes of 2023), Irwin. The Behavioral Health Infrastructure Bond Act of 2023. (PDF)*
- SB 326 (Chapter 790, Statutes of 2023), Eggman. The Behavioral Health Services Act. (PDF)*
*Note: Portions of AB 531 and SB 326 will appear on the ballot as Proposition 1.
November 5, 2024, Statewide Ballot Measures
- SCA 2 (Allen) Public housing projects. (Res. Ch. 182, 2022) (PDF)
- ACA 5 (Low) Marriage equality. (Res. Ch. 125, 2023) (PDF)
- ACA 1 (Aguiar-Curry) Local government financing: affordable housing and public infrastructure: voter approval. (Res. Ch. 173, 2023) (PDF)
- ACA 13 (Ward) Voting thresholds. (Res. Ch. 176, 2023) (PDF)
*Note: SCA 2, ACA 1, and ACA 5 were originally scheduled to appear on the March 5, 2024, Presidential Primary Election ballot. However, Senate Bill 789, Chapter 787, Statutes of 2023, provides that each will appear on the November 5, 2024, General Election ballot instead.
As new initiatives enter circulation, fail, become eligible for, or qualify for an election ballot, the Secretary of State's office will issue initiative status updates. The updates can be found on our Initiative and Referendum Qualification Status page or by signing up for updates below.