Effective Monday, August 3, 2020, our Los Angeles Regional office will be open to the public between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., with limited staff and services processing Apostilles and Domestic Partnership filings. Los Angeles will continue to handle traffic with our “Now Serving” sign by helping four customers at a time while other customers wait on the second floor until their number is called. Again, you are encouraged to submit documents to the Sacramento office via mail.
Los Angeles Office Services
The Los Angeles office distributes forms and informational materials and provides the following drop-off services:
- Apostilles: Authenticating a public official’s signature including notaries public.
- Domestic Partners: Filing Domestic Partnership forms (to register, terminate or revoke a termination).
- Corporations: Processing corporation name reservation requests and filing Articles of Incorporation to form a California corporation (excluding articles containing a statement of conversion which must be filed in the Sacramento office) or Statement and Designation by Foreign Corporation forms to qualify an out-of-state or out-of-country corporation to transact business in California.
Requests for services other than those identified above must be directed to the Sacramento office.
Tips For Submission
Following are a few important points to remember when submitting requests to the Los Angeles office:
- All requests must be dropped off in person.
- Special handling fees are charged for all in-person requests. Special handling fees are in addition to regular fees for such services; are applicable each time a request is submitted; and should be provided separate from other applicable fees.
- Special handling fee for processing an Apostille request: $6.00
- Special handling fee for filing a domestic partnership document: $15.00
- Special handling fee for filing a corporate formation document: $15.00
- Special handling fee for reserving a corporate name: $10.00
- Fees collected at the Los Angeles office location may be submitted by check, money order, or credit card (Visa or Mastercard). Checks should be made payable to the Secretary of State. Cash is not accepted at the Los Angeles Office.
Office Hours, Addresses, Phone Numbers & Driving Directions
Office hours are Monday through Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding state holidays.
Los Angeles Office
300 South Spring Street, Room 12513
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Sacramento Main Office
1500 11th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814