News & Notices, Customer Alerts and Processing Times
- News & Notices: Get the latest information about changes affecting
business conducted with the Business Programs Division.
- Customer Alerts: Get the latest information about
confirmed scams against Californians and businesses in the State of California, and what you can do if you have been a victim of a scam.
- Get the current processing times for Business Entities and determine which method of submission meets your
The required Statement of Information for most corporations can be
filed online and is processed generally in one business day. A free PDF copy of the submitted Statement of Information will be returned electronically following
confirmation of payment, if an email address is provided. Additional plain copies and certified copies may be requested at a later time in person or by mail. Refer to
Information Requests for information about obtaining additional copies.
The Business Entities Section of the Secretary of State’s office processes filings, maintains records and provides information to the public relating to
business entities (corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, general partnerships, limited liability partnerships and other business
- Service Options: Options for online searches and filings, document processing and information
requests (for certificates, copies and status reports)
- Name Availability: Corporation, limited liability company and limited partnership name availability
inquiries and reservations
- Forms, Samples & Fees: Forms, document samples and associated fees
- Statements of Information (annual/biennial reports): Corporation and limited liability company statements
of information, common interest development association statements and publicly traded disclosure statements
- Filing Tips: Tips for filing most corporation, limited liability company and limited partnership documents
- Information Requests: Orders for certificates, copies and status reports
- Service of Process: Substituted service of process
- FAQs: Answers to the most frequently asked business entity questions
- Victims of Corporate Fraud Compensation Fund: Restitution to victims of corporate fraud
General provisions governing most business entities are found in the
California Corporations Code.