The Secretary of State's VCA Taskforce was established to review elections conducted under the Voter’s Choice Act (VCA). The VCA Taskforce provides comments and recommendations to the Legislature within six months of each election conducted under the VCA. The VCA task consists of representatives from the following:
- County elections officials,
- Individuals with demonstrated language accessibility experience for languages covered under the federal Voting Rights Act of 1965,
- The disability community and community organizations and individuals that advocate on behalf of, or provide services to, individuals with disabilities, and
- Experts with demonstrated experience in the field of elections.
The next meeting of the VCA Taskforce:
- Date: Monday, May 10, 2021
- Time: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Agenda (PDF)
Secretary of State's Office, Elections Division
- Ryan Reece
- (916) 695-1560