Pursuant to California Elections Code section 12309.5, the Secretary of State was directed to appoint a task force "to study and recommend uniform guidelines for the training" of election poll workers.
The Task Force consisted of the chief elections officers of the two largest counties, the two smallest counties, and two other county elections officers selected by the Secretary of State. The Task Force included eight other members with elections expertise, including members of community-based organizations and citizens familiar with different ethnic, cultural, and disabled populations.
Recommendations of the Task Force 2005 (PDF | WORD)
Poll Worker Training Guidelines 2006 (PDF | WORD)
Roster of Members (PDF)
Location of Meetings
Secretary of State's Office
Multi-Purpose Room - First Floor
1500 11th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Meeting Schedule and Agendas
- Wednesday, August 25, 2004 -1:30 pm to 4:30 pm (Agenda) (PDF)
- Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm (Canceled)
- Tuesday, September 14, 2004 - 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm (Agenda) (PDF)
- Tuesday, September 21, 2004 - 10:00 am - 1:00 pm (Agenda) (PDF)
- Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 1:30 am - 4:30 pm (Agenda) (PDF)
- Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 1:30 am - 4:30 pm
Public Meeting Minutes
The public is invited to attend and provide public comment at the meetings of the Task Force.
Legislation Establishing the Task Force - SB 610 (Escutia), Chapter 530, Statutes of 2003