How do I find out whether a lobbyist employer has made political contributions involving a state candidate, officeholder, or committee?

Lobbyist employers must disclose on their quarterly reports (Form 635) the state candidates, officeholders or committees to whom they have made campaign contributions, if any contributions have been made. (Government Code section 86116(g)) To view these reports:

  1. Go to the "Lobbying Activity" page. (You may also reach this site from the Secretary of State's Home Page - by clicking on "Lobbying Activity & Finance" under "Political Reform.")
  2. Click on "Lobbyist Employer."
  3. Select the lobbyist employer in which you are interested.
  4. Select "Financial Activity/Filing History" and the desired "Legislative Session."
  5. Click on the "Report of Lobbyist Employer and Report of Lobbying Coalition (F635)" in the "Electronic Filings" portion for the quarter that is of interest. A copy of the report will be displayed. View the information in Paragraph F of the "Summary of Payments This Period" portion on the first page and Part IV, if applicable.