It is the primary goal of the Victims of Corporate Fraud Compensation Fund (VCFCF) Ombudsperson to demonstrate the Secretary of State's commitment to victims of corporate fraud by:
- Responding promptly to inquiries about VCFCF program information and application requirements;
- Guiding customers through the application submittal and review process;
- Referring customers to the appropriate government agency or consumer resources when the Secretary of State is not able to assist;
- Ensuring a careful and thorough review of each application and a prompt decision where the minimum legal requirements have been met; and
- Ensuring that victims of corporate fraud are paid the maximum compensation possible under the law.
The Ombudsperson staff is available during normal business hours.
- Secretary of State
- Business Programs Division
- Victims of Corporate Fraud Compensation Fund
- ATTN: Ombudsperson
- P.O. Box 15659
- Sacramento, CA 95852