The notary public commission packet will be mailed once the application has been approved and after the applicant has passed the background check.
The notary public commission packet includes:
- a cover letter with instructions;
- filing instructions;
- a notary public commission certificate;
- two Notary Public Oath and Certificate of Filing forms;
- a Certificate of Authorization to Manufacture Notary Public Seals; and
- a list of Authorized Manufacturers of Notary Public Seals.
If you took the exam at least six weeks prior to the expiration date on your current notary public commission, your new notary public commission will not be sent to you more than 30 days before the expiration date.