The Secretary of State recommends you complete the online voter registration application. In the alternative, you should send your completed Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) directly to your county elections official.

The Secretary of State also recommends that you send your voted ballot and signed Military or Overseas Voter Return Envelope directly to your county elections official.

A list of California's 58 county elections offices and their contact information is available on our Military and Overseas Voters Information web page.

Toll-free Faxing

Military or overseas voters may fax their election materials toll-free to the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) at the numbers shown below. To do this, you will need to include the official fax cover sheet available on the FVAP website.

From the U.S., Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands

Toll Free: (800) 368-VOTE (8683)
Phone: (703) 693-5527
DSN: 223-5527 (Military)

From Other Countries:

Toll-free International Fax Numbers