To be eligible to receive HAVA funding, each state was required to submit a State Plan to the federal government that would serve as a blueprint to meet the requirements of HAVA. California's initial State Plan was published in 2003, and the first State Plan Update was published on September 30, 2004. The HAVA State Plan 2010 Update was published on August 23, 2010. The 2010 update details the progress made by California in meeting the federal requirements, as well as how California will continue to implement HAVA at the state and local levels.
The HAVA State Plan 2010 Update was posted for public comment and received input from the State Plan Advisory Committee.
- Interested Party Letter - June 4, 2010 (PDF)
- List of Statewide Interested Parties (PDF)
- Public Notice for Public Comment - June 10, 2010 (PDF)
- State Plan Public Display Press Release - June 16, 2010 (PDF)
- HAVA State Plan 2010 update (PDF)
Public Comments and Responses
- California Association of Clerks and Elections Officials (PDF)
- California Common Cause (PDF)
- Disability Rights California (PDF)
- Los Angeles County (PDF)
- Sacramento County (PDF)