Advisories to County Elections Officials - October 2018
The California Secretary of State periodically provides written guidance and information to the state's county elections officials to help ensure a smooth electoral process.
The written advisories -- known as CCROVs since they are directed to County Clerks & Registrars of Voters -- are posted here shortly after they are provided to county elections officials. Electronic copies of all CCROVs dating back to January 1, 2013, are posted here.
To obtain a copy of a CCROV issued in 2012 or earlier -- or if you have any questions or comments -- please email the Elections Division staff using our online form or call (916) 657-2166.
Search all Advisories
Select by Date
- VoteCal: Voting Participation History of Registered Voters(PDF)
- Initiative: Failure of #1852, Related to California Nationhood(PDF)
- Initiative: #1851 Related to Taxes – Eligibility for Ballot(PDF)
- Initiative: 1859, Related to Criminal Justice(PDF)
- Initiative: 1858, Related to Criminal Justice(PDF)
- Initiative: 1857, Related to Taxes(PDF)
- VoteCal: Vote-by-Mail and Provisional Ballot Not Counted Reason Codes(PDF)
- Publication: 2018 Poll Worker Training Standards(PDF)
- Election Materials: Reporting of Errors(PDF)
- Voting Systems: OVSTA Monthly Update – October 2018(PDF)
- General Election: Statewide Database Requirements(PDF)
- Voter Registration: Postage Reimbursement and Replenishment Claims (FY 2018/2019 – 1st Quarter)(PDF)