The California Secretary of State periodically provides written guidance and information to the state's county elections officials to help ensure a smooth electoral process.
The written advisories -- known as CCROVs since they are directed to County Clerks & Registrars of Voters -- are posted here shortly after they are provided to county elections officials. Electronic copies of all CCROVs dating back to January 2, 2007, are posted here.
To obtain a copy of a CCROV issued in 2006 or earlier -- or if you have any questions or comments -- please email the Elections Division staff using our online form or call (916) 657-2166.
Search all Advisories
Select by Date
- Initiative: 1809, Related to Property Taxes (PDF)
- Initiative: 1808, Related to Property Taxes (PDF)
- Initiative: 1807, Related to Property Taxes (PDF)
- Regulations: Ballot Printing(PDF)
- Initiative: 1806, Related to Water Bonds (PDF)
- Initiative: Failure of #1797, Related to Child Custody(PDF)
- Military or Overseas Voter Return Envelope(PDF)
- Initiative: Failure of #1796, Related to the Electoral College (PDF)
- Initiative: 1805, Related to Criminal Justice(PDF)
- Recall of State Officers: Signature Withdrawals(PDF)
- Language Accessibility and Voter Accessibility Toolkits(PDF)
- Voting Accessibility Advisory Committee: September 20, 2017, Meeting(PDF)
- Voting Systems: OVSTA Monthly Update – September 2017(PDF)
- Initiative: 1804, Related to Abortion(PDF)
- Initiative: 1803, Related to Water Bonds(PDF)
- Regulations: Vote-by-Mail Ballot Drop Boxes and Locations Early Ballot Retrieval(PDF)
- Voter Registration: Deadline to Order Voter Registration and Voter Notification Cards(PDF)