Advisories to County Elections Officials - March 2017
The California Secretary of State periodically provides written guidance and information to the state's county elections officials to help ensure a smooth electoral process.
The written advisories -- known as CCROVs since they are directed to County Clerks & Registrars of Voters -- are posted here shortly after they are provided to county elections officials. Electronic copies of all CCROVs dating back to January 1, 2013, are posted here.
To obtain a copy of a CCROV issued in 2012 or earlier -- or if you have any questions or comments -- please email the Elections Division staff using our online form or call (916) 657-2166.
Search all Advisories
Select by Date
- VoteCal: Public Safety Officer Confidential Voters Automatic Expiration(PDF)
- VoteCal: Unknown Political Party Preference(PDF)
- VoteCal: DMV Change of Address Processing(PDF)
- Political Body: California Pirate Party(PDF)
- June 6, 2017, Elections: Randomized Alphabet Drawing(PDF)
- Initiative: 1797, Related to Child Custody(PDF)
- Initiative: 1796, Related to the Electoral College(PDF)
- Voter Registration: Deadline to Order Voter Registration and Voter Notification Cards (PDF)
- Voting Systems: OVSTA Monthly Update – March 2017(PDF)