The California Secretary of State periodically provides written guidance and information to the state's county elections officials to help ensure a smooth electoral process.
The written advisories -- known as CCROVs since they are directed to County Clerks & Registrars of Voters -- are posted here shortly after they are provided to county elections officials. Electronic copies of all CCROVs dating back to January 1, 2013, are posted here.
To obtain a copy of a CCROV issued in 2012 or earlier -- or if you have any questions or comments -- please email the Elections Division staff using our online form or call (916) 657-2166.
Search all Advisories
Select by Date
- Political Party: Transhumanist Party Notification of Intent to Qualify(PDF)
- Initiative: 1669, Related to Education(PDF)
- Administrative: New HAVA Section 261 Funding(PDF)
- Initiative: 1668, Related to Adult Films(PDF)
- CalVoter: CDPH Historic Death Records(PDF)
- Voter Mailings: Move Update Compliance – Legal Restraint Method Approval(PDF)
- Initiative: 1667, Related to Bonds(PDF)
- Initiative: 1666, Related to Electric Utilities(PDF)
- Initiative: 1665, Related to Nuclear Power(PDF)
- Voting Modernization Board: 3/26/15 Meeting Agenda(PDF)
- June 2, 2015 Elections: Randomized Alphabet Drawing(PDF)
- Voting Modernization Board: Next Scheduled Meeting - March 26, 2015(PDF)
- Voting Systems: OVSTA Monthly Update – March 2015(PDF)
- Voter Registration: Deadline to Order Voter Registration and Voter Notification Cards(PDF)