Immigration Consultant Checklist
Pass a Background Check.
Submit the following items to the Secretary of State:
- Copy of a current Surety Bond ($50,000) (pdf~78KB) obtained from a corporate surety
(admitted to do business in California).
- Completed Immigration Consultant Disclosure (pdf~299KB) form.
- Copy of a valid and current photo identification. Acceptable forms of photo identification are:
- An identification card or driver's license issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
- A passport issued by the Department of State of the United States.
- An identification card issued by a state other than California.
- A driver's license issued by a state other then California.
- An identification card issued by any branch of the armed forces of the United States.
- 2" x 2" passport photo.
- $30.00 filing fee.
- Copy of the Request for Live Scan Service (pdf~25KB) form (after the live
scan operator has completed the "Live Scan Transaction Completed By" portion of the form) as proof that fingerprints were submitted.