Contact Information and Directions
California State Archives
1020 O Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Reference Desk: (916) 653–2246
General Information: (916) 653–7715
Fax: (916) 653–7363
The Archives is located at the corner of 10th and "O" Streets in downtown Sacramento. The Research Room is located on the fourth floor. All researchers are required to show photo identification at the security desk in the building lobby. Several parking garages are located nearby on both 10th and 11th Streets between "O" and "P" Streets; limited metered parking is also available.
- From the west: Business–80 (Capital City Freeway) to I–5 north. Take "Q" Street exit to 10th Street then left.
- From the east: Business–80 (Capital City Freeway) to the 10th Street exit and right on 10th Street.
- From the south: I–5 north to "Q" Street exit. Proceed east on "Q", then left on 10th Street. Or from Highway 99 take the Business–80 west to San Francisco exit. Proceed to the 10th Street exit and right on 10th Street.
- From the north: I–5 south to "Q" Street exit. Proceed east on "Q", then left on 10th Street.
- Light Rail: Exit at Archives Plaza. Eastbound stops right in front of the Archives, while westbound stops one block east.