The Secretary of State helps state and local agencies comply with the NVRA by providing important information and resources. The information below may assist Voter Registration Agencies (VRAs) understand their responsibilities under the NVRA. The information below may also be helpful for county elections officials in understanding their responsibilities with regard to list maintenance.
Federal Requirements and Laws
- National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) (1993)
- President's Executive Order 12926 (1994)(PDF)
- NVRA Federal Regulations (2008)
- NVRA Enforcement: Voting Section, Civil Rights Division, United States Department of Justice (2008)
- President's Executive Order 14019 (2021) (PDF)
- Election Assistance Commission (EAC)