The California Secretary of State periodically provides written guidance and information to the state's county elections officials to help ensure a smooth electoral process.
The written advisories -- known as CCROVs since they are directed to County Clerks & Registrars of Voters -- are posted here shortly after they are provided to county elections officials. Electronic copies of all CCROVs dating back to January 1, 2013, are posted here.
To obtain a copy of a CCROV issued in 2012 or earlier -- or if you have any questions or comments -- please email the Elections Division staff using our online form or call (916) 657-2166.
Search all Advisories
Select by Date
- Initiative: 1673, Related to Law Enforcement (PDF)
- Voting Modernization Board: 6/2/15 Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- Voting Modernization Board: Actions from the March 26, 2015, Meeting (PDF)
- CalVoter: CDPH Historic Death Records (PDF)
- Voting Systems: OVSTA Monthly Update – May 2015 (PDF)
- Initiative: 1672, Related to Healthcare (PDF)
- Initiative: 1671, Related to Spousal Support (PDF)