The California Secretary of State periodically provides written guidance and information to the state's county elections officials to help ensure a smooth electoral process.
The written advisories -- known as CCROVs since they are directed to County Clerks & Registrars of Voters -- are posted here shortly after they are provided to county elections officials. Electronic copies of all CCROVs dating back to January 1, 2013, are posted here.
To obtain a copy of a CCROV issued in 2012 or earlier -- or if you have any questions or comments -- please email the Elections Division staff using our online form or call (916) 657-2166.
Search all Advisories
Select by Date
- Initiative: 1695, Related to Minimum Wage(PDF)
- Voting Modernization Board: 08/13/15 Meeting Agenda(PDF)
- CalVoter I: Duplicate Check Criteria – July 2015(PDF)
- CalVoter: CDPH Historic Death Records(PDF)
- Initiative: 1694, Related to University Employee Pensions(PDF)
- Referendum: 1693, Related to Vaccinations (PDF)
- Voting Modernization Board: 7/23/15 Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- Initiative: 1692, Related to Taxes (PDF)
- Initiative: 1691, Related to Taxes (PDF)
- Voter Bill of Rights – Additional Poster Design Available (PDF)
- Initiative: 1690, Related to Taxes (PDF)
- Initiative: 1689, Related to Marijuana (PDF)
- Voting Systems: OVSTA Monthly Update – July 2015 (PDF)
- Voter Registration: Postage Reimbursement and Replenishment Claims(FY 2014/2015– 4th Qtr) (PDF)
- CalVoter I: Duplicate Check Criteria – June 2015 (PDF)