FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 9, 2012
Contact: Nicole Winger
Numbers Assigned to November Ballot Measures
SACRAMENTO - Secretary of State Debra Bowen today assigned proposition numbers to the 11 measures set to appear on the November 6 General Election ballot. The propositions will also appear in the Secretary's Official Voter Information Guide. The November list of ballot measures includes one referendum and 10 initiatives. The measures – with titles written by the California Attorney General – are listed below.
- Proposition 30
- Temporary Taxes to Fund Education. Guaranteed Local Public Safety Funding. Initiative Constitutional Amendment.
- Proposition 31
- State Budget. State and Local Government. Initiative Constitutional Amendment and Statute.
- Proposition 32
- Prohibits Political Contributions by Payroll Deduction. Prohibitions on Contributions to Candidates. Initiative Statute.
- Proposition 33
- Changes Law to Allow Auto Insurance Companies to Set Prices Based on a Driver's History of Insurance Coverage. Initiative Statute.
- Proposition 34
- Death Penalty Repeal. Initiative Statute.
- Proposition 35
- Human Trafficking. Penalties. Sex Offender Registration. Initiative Statute.
- Proposition 36
- Three Strikes Law. Sentencing for Repeat Felony Offenders. Initiative Statute.
- Proposition 37
- Genetically Engineered Foods. Mandatory Labeling. Initiative Statute.
- Proposition 38
- Tax for Education and Early Childhood Programs. Initiative Statute.
- Proposition 39
- Tax Treatment for Multistate Businesses. Clean Energy and Energy Efficiency Funding. Initiative Statute.
- Proposition 40
- Redistricting. State Senate Districts. Referendum.
For more information on ballot measures, candidate filing requirements and election deadlines, go to www.sos.ca.gov/elections/2012-elections/nov-general.
To view past state voter guides, go to www.sos.ca.gov/elections/ballot-measures/voter-information-guides.htm.
Keep up with the latest California election news and trivia by following @CASOSvote on Twitter.