How to Become an Enrolling Agency

The Secretary of State designates state and local agencies and nonprofit agencies that provide counseling and shelter services to victims of domestic violence, stalking and sexual assault to assist persons applying to be program participants. Any assistance and counseling rendered by the office of the Secretary of State or its designees to applicants shall in no way be construed as legal advice. (per Government Code Section 6208.5)

In order to serve as a Safe at Home Enrolling Agency, an agency must be a registered 501(c)3 California non-profit agency with a primary focus on victim services or be a county victim/witness assistance program. Applications must be completed in person at the community-based victims' assistance program. The application process includes a requirement that the applicant shall meet with a victims' assistance counselor and receive orientation information about the program. (per Government Code Section 6206(a))

Safe at Home

Contact Us
Website Help

Safe at Home Logo

"I was opening mail you had forwarded to me and I suddenly felt so grateful to you, I just wanted to express it!"

Safe at Home Participant

"It has really helped me to be able to have an address to use that allows me as much confidentiality as possible."

Safe at Home Participant

"I'd like to thank everyone affiliated with this exceptional program for the peace of mind and safety it has afforded me for the past four-plus years."

Safe at Home Participant