How to Submit Domestic Partnership Forms
Completed forms can be submitted three ways:
- Mailed to California Secretary of State, Domestic Partners Registry, P.O. Box 942870, Sacramento, CA 94277–2870;
- Submitted in person at the Sacramento office; or
- Submitted in person at the Los Angeles office. The Los Angeles office is not able to process documents received by mail.
Please refer to the DP Contact Information page for office locations and addresses.
Note: There is an additional $15.00 special handling fee for processing a document delivered in person to the Sacramento or Los Angeles offices.
Payments for documents submitted:
- by mail to Sacramento can be made by check or money order.
- in person in the Sacramento office may be made by check, money order, cash, or credit card (Visa or Mastercard).
- in the Los Angeles office may be made by check, money order, or credit card (Visa or Mastercard). The Los Angeles office is not able to accept cash.
Checks or money orders should be made payable to the California Secretary of State.