For Immediate Release
August 30, 2018
SOS Press Office
Secretary of State Padilla Certifies Candidate List for November 6, 2018, General Election
SACRAMENTO – Secretary of State Alex Padilla today published the certified list of candidates who will appear on November 6, 2018, General Election ballots. The official list, with ballot designations for each candidate, is available at https://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/statewide-elections/2018-general/cert-list-candidates.pdf.
The offices on the November 6 ballot include:
- one member of the U.S. Senate,
- Lieutenant Governor,
- Secretary of State,
- Attorney General,
- Insurance Commissioner,
- Superintendent of Public Instruction,
- 4 members of the Board of Equalization,
- 53 members of the U.S. House of Representatives,
- the 20 even-numbered State Senate district members, and
- the 80 State Assembly members
- Justices of the Supreme and Appellate Courts.
The voter registration deadline for the November 6 General Election is October 22. Californians can register to vote online at: http://registertovote.ca.gov/
Vote-by-mail ballots will be mailed beginning on October 8, 2018. The last day to request a vote-by-mail ballot by mail is October 30.