For Immediate Release
June 21, 2018
SOS Press Office
bizfile California Success at One Year; Over 400,000 Entrepreneurs have Filed Documents Online
SACRAMENTO – In the year since Secretary of State Alex Padilla launched the bizfile California online portal hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs have taken advantage of online business filing and search services.
“When we launched bizfile California a year ago, our goal was to move customers online instead of having them waiting in line at our office or the post office,” Secretary of State Padilla said. “Tremendous adoption of our online business tools is saving customers thousands of pages of paperwork and countless hours waiting to file in-person or via the mail. Nearly 79% of all LLC Statements of Information have been filed online since the launch of our tool.”
“Bizfile California has become a powerful one-stop shop for online business filings and searches. In the year since bizfile California launched we have added tools too—businesses can now file their LLC formation documents online or even apply for a trademark. In the months and years ahead we will continue to add tools that make starting and maintaining a business in California a smoother, more efficient process,” Padilla added.
Tools available through bizfile California:
- LLC Statement of Information Online Submission Tool. Since the initial bizfile launch one year ago 403,811 LLC Statements of Information have been filed online.
- California Business Search Tool. Over 12.4 million Corporation, LLC, and LP records are available for free download.
- How to Start a Business in California brochure and check list.
- Online Trademark Submission Tool. There have been over 4,600 submissions since tool was launched January 2018.
- LLC Formation Online Submission Tool. Launched in May 2018, the documents required to form an LLC can now be filed online. Since launch, there has been an average of 308 online submissions per business day.
- Eureka Chatbot. Our new artificial intelligence search assistant—launched May 2018—helps customers easily navigate business resources on the Secretary of State’s website. Eureka has already answered over 9,000 questions.