For Immediate Release
December 27, 2018
SOS Press Office
bizfile California Filing Tool Continues to Expand
Secretary of State Padilla Encourages California Entrepreneurs
SACRAMENTO – The Secretary of State’s online business entity document filing and search hub — bizfile California — serves as an important tool for California entrepreneurs. In the past year, bizfile was expanded to allow Californians to file trademarks and servicemarks and form Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) online. Now, Californians can use an online form to terminate their LLC. Click here for the new LLC Termination tool.
“Bizfile California is making it easier to do business in our state,” Secretary of State Alex Padilla said. “Expanding bizfile California helps entrepreneurs avoid the lengthier review turnaround time associated with paper filings. As we increase our online business tool offerings, we’re also decreasing the rejection rate for common business filings. As California business owners and entrepreneurs are preparing for end of year filings, they can avoid the lines at the office by going online and utilizing bizfile California.”
Tools available through bizfile California:
- LLC Statement of Information Online Submission Tool. Since the initial bizfile launch in June 2017, 606,285 online LLC Statements of Information filings have been processed.
- California Business Search Tool. Over 13.6 million Corporation, LLC, and LP records are available for free download.
- How to Start a Business in California brochure and check list.
- Online Trademark Submission Tool. There have been over 4,626 submissions since tool was launched January 2018.
- LLC Formation Online Submission Tool. Launched in May 2018, the documents required to form an LLC can now be filed online. Since launch, we have processed 54,693 LLC Formation online submissions
- Eureka Chatbot. Our new artificial intelligence search assistant—launched May 2018—helps customers easily navigate business resources on the Secretary of State’s website. Eureka has already answered over 29,778 questions.