FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 27, 2015
Contact: Bill Mabie
Candidates Certified for Senate District 7 Special Primary Election
SACRAMENTO – Secretary of State Alex Padilla today certified the list of candidates who will appear on the March 17 Special Primary Election ballot for the 7th Senate District. The candidates and their official ballot designations are:
- Susan Bonilla (Party Preference: Democratic) – Teacher/State Assemblywoman
- Joan Buchanan (Party Preference: Democratic) – State Legislator
- Steve Glazer (Party Preference: Democratic) – Mayor/University Trustee
- Terry Kremin (Party Preference: Democratic) – Teacher/Scientist
- Michaela M. Hertle (Party Preference: Republican) – Information Technology Businesswoman
The Senate District 7 special election is being held to fill the vacancy left by the resignation of Mark DeSaulnier.
In a special primary, if one candidate receives a majority of the votes cast (50 percent plus one), no additional election is necessary. If no candidate receives a majority of the votes, a runoff election will be held on May 19, with a ballot featuring the two candidates who received the most votes in the primary, regardless of party preference.
The official certified list of candidates with contact information is at elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/special-elections/2015-sd7/certified-list.pdf.