March 5, 2014
Contact: Shannan Velayas
Key Dates for June 3 California Primary
SACRAMENTO - With less than three months until the June 3 statewide primary election in California, here is a roundup of key election-related dates.
- Candidate filing period
- February 10 – March 7
- Extended filing period if eligible incumbent does not file
- March 8 – March 12
- State Voter Information Guide on public display
- February 18 – March 10
- State Voter Information Guide mailing period
- April 24 – May 13
- *Certain campaign finance reports required within 24 hours
- March 5 – June 3
- Randomized alphabet drawing for candidate order on ballots
- March 13
- Certified list of candidates published
- March 27
- Military and overseas ballot mailing begins
- April 4
- Vote-by-mail ballot mailing begins
- May 5
- Voter registration deadline
- May 19
- Election Day
- June 3
- County elections officials process ballots, certify results
- June 3 – July 1
- Secretary of State compiles results, certifies election
- July 11
Visit www.sos.ca.gov/elections/statewide-elections/2014-primary/calendar.htm for a detailed 2014 calendar that includes lists of legislative, executive and judicial seats up for election.
* For election-related filing deadlines and requirements set by the California Fair Political Practices Commission, visit http://fppc.ca.gov/. Campaign finance disclosure reports are on the Secretary of State’s California Automated Lobbying and Campaign Contribution and Expenditure Search System (CAL-ACCESS) at http://cal-access.sos.ca.gov.
Keep up with the latest California election news and trivia by following @CASOSvote on Twitter.