June 4, 2013
Contact: Shannan Velayas
Secretary of State Bowen Announces
Certified List of 52nd Assembly District Candidates
SACRAMENTO - Secretary of State Debra Bowen today announced the certified list of candidates who will appear on the July 23 Special Primary Election ballot for the 52nd Assembly District. The candidates and their official ballot designations are:
- Paul Vincent Avila (Party Preference: Democratic) – Ontario Council Member
- Tom Haughey (Party Preference: Democratic) – Councilmember/Family Businessman
- Freddie Rodriguez (Party Preference: Democratic) – Councilmember/Emergency Responder
- Jason A. Rothman (Party Preference: Democratic) – School Boardmember/Educator
- Manuel Saucedo (Party Preference: Democratic) – Consultant
- Danielle L. Soto (Party Preference: Democratic) – Public Information Specialist
- Doris Louise Wallace (Party Preference: Democratic) – Union Member Organizer
- Dorothy F. Pineda (Party Preference: Republican) – Business Owner
- Paul S. Leon (No Party Preference) – Ontario Mayor/Pastor
The Assembly District 52 special election is being held to fill the vacancy left by Norma Torres, who resigned after being elected to the State Senate.
In a special primary, if one candidate receives a majority of the votes cast (50 percent plus one), no additional election is necessary. If no candidate receives a majority of the votes, a run-off election will be held on September 24, with a ballot featuring the two candidates who received the most votes in the primary, regardless of party preference.
The official certified list of candidates with contact information is at www.sos.ca.gov/elections/special-elections/2013-ad52/certified-list.pdf.