FOR PLANNING PURPOSES
July 16, 2013
Contact: Shannan Velayas
Secretary of State's Office to Conduct
Randomized Alphabet Drawing for Senate
District 26 and Assembly District 45 Special Elections
- Secretary of State Debra Bowen's office will hold a randomized alphabet drawing to determine the order in which candidates' names will appear on the September 17 special primary election ballots and, if necessary, the November 19 runoff election ballots in the 26th Senate District and 45th Assembly District.
- The Senate District 26 special election will be held to fill the vacancy left by Curren Price, Jr., who resigned after being elected to the Los Angeles City Council.
- The Assembly District 45 special election will be held to fill the vacancy left by Bob Blumenfield, who resigned after being elected to the Los Angeles City Council.
- The candidate filing deadline for this contest is July 26.
- Monday, July 29, 2013
- Secretary of State's Office
Elections Division, 5th Floor
1500 11th Street