FOR PLANNING PURPOSES
January 9, 2013
Contact: Shannan Velayas
Secretary of State's Office to Conduct
Randomized Alphabet Drawing for Senate
District 32 and Senate District 40 Special Elections
- Secretary of State Debra Bowen's office will hold a randomized alphabet drawing to determine the order in which candidates' names will appear on the March 12 special primary election ballots and, if necessary, the May 14 special run-off election ballots in the 32nd and 40th Senate Districts.
- The Senate District 32 special election is being held to fill the vacancy left by Gloria Negrete McLeod, who resigned after being elected to the U.S. House of Representatives.
The Senate District 40 special election is being held to fill the vacancy left by Juan Vargas, who resigned after being elected to the U.S. House of Representatives.
- The candidate filing deadline for these contests is January 18.
- Tuesday, January 22, 2013
- Secretary of State's Office
Elections Division, 5th Floor
1500 11th Street