FOR PLANNING PURPOSES
October 22, 2012
Contact: Shannan Velayas
BROADCAST MEDIA ADVISORY
California Elections Chief Offers Nonpartisan
Sound Clips about Today's Voter Registration Deadline
- Secretary of State Debra Bowen offers sound clips about today's voter registration deadline.
- When is the voter registration deadline for the November 6 election?
http://cdn.sos.ca.gov/audio/sos-bowen/clip1.mp3 (run time 8 seconds)
- How do you register to vote?
http://cdn.sos.ca.gov/audio/sos-bowen/clip7.mp3 (run time 13 seconds)
- For airing today until midnight
- The official California voter registration application is at RegisterToVote.ca.gov. Paper applications are available at post offices, public libraries, many government offices, and more.
- Voter registration applications must be postmarked or received in person by elections officials no later than midnight tonight. (There is no Election Day registration.) Online applications must also be submitted by midnight tonight (the online system timestamps each application once it is completed and submitted).Cafeteria (Media to check in at the Administration Office)
As of September 7, a total of 17,259,680 Californians were registered to vote. Final registration data – including this last-minute surge of applications – will be published November 2.