FOR PLANNING PURPOSES
September 25, 2012
Contact: Shannan Velayas
It's National Voter Registration Day
- Today is National Voter Registration Day, a great reminder for Californians to check their voter registration or register to vote, says California Secretary of State Debra Bowen. The state voter registration application is online at RegisterToVote.ca.gov and available on paper at many post offices, public libraries, California Department of Motor Vehicle offices, and other government offices.
- Californians have until October 22 to register to vote for the November 6 election.
- "A common reason people don't register to vote is simply because they were never asked," said Secretary Bowen, California's chief elections officer. "Now that the voter registration application can be submitted online, each of us can encourage someone else to register just by sending a quick email with a link to RegisterToVote.ca.gov."
- All day Tuesday, September 25, 2012
- All California media markets
- Joining others in a Rock the Vote event, Secretary Bowen will speak at 12:00 p.m. in the Student Union Plaza at California State University, Los Angeles.
- Secretary of State staff will fan out with flyers to spread the word in Sacramento from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Look for events in your area via Twitter with the hashtag #925NVRD or the national website at www.nationalvoterregistrationday.org.