2022 California Primary
- All California active registered voters will receive a vote-by-mail ballot for the June 7, 2022, Primary Election.
- Return your vote-by-mail ballot by mail with prepaid postage as long as it's postmarked on or before Election day and received by June 14, 2022, or in-person to a secure ballot drop box, to a voting location or your county elections office by 8:00 p.m. on June 7, 2022.
- In-person voting locations will offer voter registration, replacement ballots, accessible voting machines, and language assistance to those who need it.
- Vote centers open in all Voter’s Choice Act counties on May 28, 2022.
- Your primary Election ballot will include candidates for U.S. Senate, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State, Controller, Treasurer, Attorney General, Insurance Commissioner, Member of State Board of Equalization, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, U.S. Representative in Congress, State Senator, State Assembly Member, as well as other local candidates.
- There are two contests for U.S. Senate on this ballot. You can vote for both contests.
- One for a 6-year term ending January 3, 2029; and
- One for the remainder of the current term ending January 3, 2023