California Business Connect Project
California Business Connect is an information technology project that will:
- Automate paper–based processes; allowing businesses to file and request copies of records online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Provide access to Secretary of State business records allowing the public and government agencies to perform functions in a more efficient manner.
- Allow fee payments to be processed within one business day.
California Business Connect News:
May 4, 2018
On May 4, 2018, the California Department of Technology approved the continuation of the California Business Connect project as presented in the March, 2018 Special Project Report #3 (PDF).
California Business Connect Special Project Report #3 highlights include:
- The California Business Connect project efforts will be focused on the highest volume filings for the most common lines of business.
- Business Entities:
- Limited Liability Companies
- Limited Partnerships
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Financing Statements
- Federal and State Tax Lien Notices
- Other lien notices including judgment Liens and Attachment Liens
- Trademarks and Service Marks
- The deployment of new functionality will be in modules to maximize business value and minimize project risk
- Project Management Methodology will be an agile-like methodology similar to that used in the Trademark Registration Pilot that was developed and launched in 7 weeks.
The estimated high-level milestone schedule for the project is:
Estimated Completion Date
|Module 1: Online Business Filings
|Module 2: Trademarks
|Module 3: Uniform Commercial Code
|Module 4: Business Entities
|First Year Contract Maintenance and Operations
|Post Implementation Evaluation Report
April 1, 2016
On April 1, 2016, the California Department of Technology approved the continuation of the California Business Connect project as presented in the December, 2015 Special Project Report #2 (PDF).