Voter Registration Week is September 21-27, 2014
Secretary of State Debra Bowen is inviting businesses, community groups, nonprofit organizations and public agencies to help inspire people to take part in the November 4 General Election during California Voter Registration Week, September 21-27.
Here are some nonpartisan ways you can get involved:
- Post a "Register to Vote" button or "MyVote Election Information" button on your website or Facebook page. The buttons and instructions for linking them are at www.sos.ca.gov/elections/bug/bug.htm.
- Print a Just a reminder, Change your ringtone or Online Voter Registration poster/flyer and display on a bulletin board or wall. Or post one on a web page or send in an email.
- Add election-related messages to a newsletter, email, website or social media.
The November 4 General Election is just around the corner. [Business, Group or Agency name] is encouraging you, your family and friends to vote!
Polls are open on Election Day from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The last day to register to vote in the November 4 election is October 20. Registration is easy at RegisterToVote.ca.gov.
For more election information call the Secretary of State's voter hotline at (800) 345-VOTE or visit www.sos.ca.gov/elections/voting-in-california.
- Join in National Voter Registration Day September 23. Get more information, register as a partner or find a local event at www.nationalvoterregistrationday.org.
- Hold a voter registration drive. Start with the Secretary of State's Guide to Voter Registration Drives.
- To order a supply of paper voter registration forms, fill out this Statement of Distribution. Hosting an online registration drive? Include information in English, Chinese, Hindi, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, and Vietnamese.
- Retweet and share reminders from the Secretary of State's social media.
Voting In California page
by adding this button
to your website!
Click the MyVote button
to find out how.