The table below presents summary information about each Request for Proposal (RFP) addendum issued during the VoteCal procurement phase that began October 29, 2010, with the publication of the VoteCal RFP. This table is intended to provide VoteCal stakeholders a high-level overview of RFP changes.
The link in the far right cell for each addendum entry in the table displays a consolidated PDF including all VoteCal RFP components revised and replaced by that addendum. These components "track" (display) all changes.
|11/4/10||Scope of Change: Minor
Several RFP sections related to standard procurement processing slightly updated for consistency and alignment with DGS standard language.
RFP sections revised and replaced by this addendum: Section I, II and V
|12/02/10||Scope of Change: Minor
Addendum included KAD schedule changes in response to Bidders' requests and to maintain appropriate duration between KAD events. Schedule changes included:
- Due Dates for Pre-qualification Package Submission and Pre-qualification Decision KADs both extended by 10 business days
- Due Date for Notification of Intent to Award extended by approx 15 business days
- Due Date for Last Day to Protest Selection extended by 5 business days
- Due Date for Contract Award & Execution extended by 3 business days
RFP revisions included changes to explain the requirements included in both the Pre-qualification Phase and the Final Proposal phase, to clarify several Administrative requirements and to delete requirements A4 and A5 (not applicable for this procurement).
RFP sections revised and replaced by this addendum: Section I, V, VI, VIII, Attachment 1, and Glossary.
|01/14/11||Scope of Change: Minor
Addendum included KAD schedule changes initiated by state. The following KAD changes were made for the specified reasons:
- Extend Pre-Qualification Package due date by four (4) business days in light of projected addendum issuance date to assure Bidders are allowed five (5) business days between addendum publication and date Pre-Qualification Packages due; and,
- Revise the "due to DGS" time for KADs relate to Bidder submissions from 5PM to 2PM based on DGS recommendation
Multiple RFP sections revised to standardize reference to the VoteCal System (and components) and to clarify that it is SOS' intention to own the equivalent of the VoteCal application
RFP sections revised and replaced by this addendum: Section I, II, IV, V, VII, Attachment 1, Attachment 1 – Exhibit 2, Attachment 6 and Glossary.
|06/10/11||Scope of Change: Major
Addendum includes KAD schedule changes needed based on return of Pre-Qualification Packages to Bidders Jan 2010, to reflect the time required for DGS to complete detailed RFP review, to integrate the schedule impact of state's deliberations on VoteCal terms and conditions, and to implement the related RFP revisions. Specifically, these KAD schedule changes included:
- Extended due dates for all KAD events from re-submission of Pre-qualification Packages through end of procurement revised to reflect impact of multi-month state deliberations; and,
- Added five (5) new KAD events prior to Pre-qualification Package submission (to re-engage Bidders after multiple month delay and to provide Bidders opportunity to clarify significant changes in procurement’s terms and conditions and other requirements). Integrating the multiple RFP changes emerging from DGS detailed RFP review and the state's deliberations resulted in revising and replacing the majority of RFP component files. Major revisions included:
- Significantly revised the VoteCal Software provisions to clarify that SOS intends to: own all right and title to custom-developed software included within the VoteCal solution; retain specified licensing rights (including receipt of and ability to change source code) for Contractor's Commercial Proprietary Software products included in VoteCal Solution; and, accept standard licensing for Third-Party Software included in the VoteCal solution.
- Modified financial capacity requirement so that Bidder attests to ability to sustain 6 months of VoteCal project expenses without payment from the State (rather than requiring the Bidder to "demonstrate" this ability);
- Customized the state's IT General Provisions for VoteCal to reflect SOS-DGS joint agreements on terms and agreements (allowing additional SOW carve-outs);
- Consolidated and clarified Statement of Work and the SOS Statement of Work Provisions (to eliminate redundancy, clarify precedence and so that the latter pertains only to HAVA-specific requirements).
- Clarified/revised timing dependencies for Contractor submissions in response in multiple administrative requirements.
- Standardized and revised evaluation criteria for multiple requirements.
RFP sections revised and replaced by this addendum: all
Note: The scope of changes included in addendum #4 were so extensive that the state resolved not to display the tracked changes.
|09/22/11||Scope of Change: Moderate
Addendum included KAD schedule changes to allow additional time for Bidder submission of Pre-qualification Packages and to appropriately revise schedule for subsequent dependent KAD events. The DGS-specified Addendum #4 KAD schedule did not allow sufficient time for state to develop and publish responses to scheduled Bidder submissions (Q&A, protest, etc.) and resulting addenda. To assure Bidders allowed adequate time to review and integrate RFP revisions, the due date for submitting Pre-Qualification Packages was extended.
The addendum included RFP clarifications and revisions identified during Confidential Discussions with Bidders (late June 2011) and to required based on state's responses to Bidder's questions and requests to change the RFP (issued to Bidders as Q&A set #5 on August 18th). These revisions included:
- Changed timing for transfer of VoteCal Software and Hardware title/license from Contractor to SOS to occur upon System Acceptance (vs. end of Phase VII);
- Revised additional sections of the RFP to further align the RFP with the Software provisions revised in Addendum #4 (particularly the Maintenance and Operations exhibits)
- Clarified how Bidders should report part-time experience in response to the Staff Qualifications requirement and modifying relevant exhibits to support this.
- Explained that Bidders’ Final Proposal may include qualifications/references for Bidder and Staff Qualification requirements that differ from those submitted in the Pre-qualification Package but any new qualifications/references must meet all requirements.
- Revised the period of time during which the Letter of Credit must remain in effect from end of Phase VII to System Acceptance (end of Phase VI).
RFP sections revised and replaced by this addendum: Section I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, IX, Attachment 1, Attachment 1 – Exhibit 2, Attachment 1 – Exhibit 4, Attachment 1 – Exhibit 5, Attachment 2, Attachment 3, and Glossary
|12/16/11||Scope of Change: Moderate
Addendum included RFP clarifications and revisions identified during Confidential Discussions with Bidders (late Nov 2011) and required based on state's responses to Bidder's questions and requests to change the RFP (issued to Bidders as Q&A set #5 on August 18th). These revisions included:
- Clarified multiple Voter Registration-related terms.
- Added a description of the interface between CalVoter 1 and CalVoter 2 in the "as is" environment (RFP Section 3) and the "to be" environment & a new requirement for supporting this within VoteCal.
- Clarified/standardized language for multiple Administrative requirements, including those related to activities/submissions due relative to Contract Award date.
- Revised and clarified Bidder and Staff qualifications requirements and related evaluation criteria based on experience with Bidders Pre-qualification Packages.
- Clarified relationship and timing between proposal components that serve as basis for subsequent Deliverables post-Contract Award.
RFP sections revised and replaced by this addendum: Section IV, V, VI, IX, Attachment 1, Attachment 1 – Exhibit 2, and Glossary
|01/23/12||Scope of Change: Minor (Schedule Change Only)
Based on discussions with Bidders in November 2011 Confidential Discussions, and large number of Bidder questions/requests to change the RFP received in December 2011, the DGS Procurement Analyst recommended extending the KAD schedule to allow state adequate time to process current and anticipated Bidder questions/requests and related addenda and to provide Bidders sufficient time to process these. DGS also recommended adding several additional KAD activities. KAD schedule revisions included:
- Due Dates for all KAD events starting with Protest event prior to submission of Draft Proposals (KAD#15) forward through end of procurement; and,
- Added three new KAD events.
RFP section revised and replaced by this addendum: Section I.
|03/22/12||Scope of Change: Major
Although the KAD schedule was revised in this addendum, these revisions did not include any actual date changes, only clarifying revisions to the schedule text.
This addendum included significant RFP clarifications and revisions made in response to the November 2011 Confidential Discussions, the state's responses to Bidder questions and requests to change the RFP submitted in December 2011 (issued to Bidders as Q&A Set#7 on March 8, 2012), and DGS clarifications concerning long-standing RFP requirements. Significant revisions included:
- Multiple RFP sections revised to restore the VoteCal reports to the SI Contractor's scope.
- Revised several RFP sections to modify requirements related to the Contractor's ability to pay for/implement VoteCal-required upgrades to the SOS Data Center, network, etc. based on DGS' clarification that public works code disallows Contractor from making electrical, construction, etc. types of changes unless the Contractor is licensed in the appropriate domains.
- Significantly revised the RFP's Software and Hardware Maintenance and Operations exhibits in response to Bidder recommendations and concerns and to better align with industry standards and SOS business needs and priorities.
- Revised the Statement of Work to cap Liquidated Damages.
RFP sections revised and replaced by this addendum: Section I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, Appendix A, Attachment 1, Attachment 1 – Exhibit 2, Attachment 1 – Exhibit 4, Attachment 1 – Exhibit 5, Attachment 2 and Attachment 5, and Glossary.
|04/26/12||Scope of Change: Minor (Schedule Change Only)
KAD schedule change included due to the nature and number of Bidder questions raised and recommendations made during the early April 2012, the resulting need for an unscheduled addendum and the Bidders' report that they would require up to two (2) calendar months after publication of that addendum before they would be prepared to submit Drafts proposals. Based on status of procurement and state desire for 2012 Contract Award target date, the state decided to omit the Draft Proposal phase and move directly to Final Proposals. The KAD schedule was revised to:
- Delete Draft Proposals due to DGS (KAD#17) and Confidential Discussions concerning Draft Proposals (KAD#18) from the Schedule (and the procurement)
- Due date for all subsequent KAD events revised in anticipation of a new Addendum #10 (to be issued post April 2012 Confidential Discussions)
RFP section revised and replaced by this addendum: Section I.
|05/21/12||Scope of Change: Moderate
Revised RFP text to reflect omission of Draft Proposals (which was announced in Addendum #9), to implement further clarifications/revisions based on April 2012 Confidential Discussions with Bidders and to clarify SOS technical requirements/standards. Revisions included:
- Clarified and expanded the RFP's Software and Hardware Maintenance and Operations exhibits to add a Service Level Credit Cap, further refine and align language, and to more clearly specify the actual service level agreements for time to respond, time to fix and uptime requirements.
- Revised requirements related to security/scanning software to specify that the tools currently used by SOS represent the minimum toolset the Contractor must provide and use for vulnerability management.
- Clarified and revised several "exception cases" related to Deliverables processing.
- Deleted Deliverable Deficiency Severity Level definitions at Bidders recommendations and based on further SOS evaluation (resolved to establish these after Contract Award).
- Reversed revisions introduced tin Addendum #8 to clarify sizing requirements based on Bidders report that original requirements were more meaningful.
- Updated and revised multiple sections of the RFP to specify that VoteCal Hardware and Third-Party and Contractor Commercial Proprietary Software are payable separately from specified project Deliverables and to create new Exhibits and Cost Tables for reporting these and related costs.
- Deleted attachments reflecting state's standard IT provisions that are overridden by VoteCal-specific language (to minimize ambiguity). These included Attachments 4 and 5.
RFP sections revised and replaced by this addendum: Section I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, Appendix A, Attachment 1, Attachment 1 – Exhibit 2, Attachment 1 – Exhibit 4, Attachment 1 – Exhibit 5, Attachment 2, Attachment 3, Attachment 4 and Attachment 5.
|07/24/12||Scope of Change: Moderate
This addendum included revising the RFP to reflect additional clarifications based on June 2012 Confidential Discussion (which was added at Bidder request), to address Bidders' remaining concerns and to further clarify SOS' intentions. These revisions included:
- Revised Maintenance and Operations exhibits to modify the number of Scheduled Downtime hours available each month and to clarify that, rather than needing to supply a Problem Tracking tool, Contractor must instead plan for and use SOS' current Problem tracking tool.
- Refined SOS requirements related to requesting replacement of Contractor's staff.
- Specified how SOS and Contractor will approach dealing with a delay on either party's part in meeting Deliverable submission or review/acceptance-feedback timelines.
- Revised unanticipated tasks/work authorizations language for accuracy and clarified the relationship between the Statement of Work Claims process (provision 14) and the Change Control and Escalation processes described in provisions 8 and 9 respectively.
- Slightly revised Liquidated Damages to state that the Contractor must be primarily responsible for schedule delay.
- Clarified that Contractor is not required to maintain their own Risk and Issue Management Process
RFP sections revised and replaced by this addendum: Section VI, VII, IX, Attachment 1, Attachment 1 – Exhibit 2, Attachment 1 – Exhibit 4, Attachment 1 – Exhibit 5