Advisories To County Elections Officials
The California Secretary of State periodically provides written guidance and information to the state's county elections officials to help ensure a smooth electoral process.
The written advisories -- known as CCROVs since they are directed to County Clerks & Registrars of Voters -- are posted here shortly after they are provided to county elections officials. Electronic copies of all CCROVs dating back to January 2, 2007, are posted here.
To obtain a copy of a CCROV issued in 2006 or earlier -- or if you have any questions or comments -- please email us at email@example.com or call (916) 657-2166.
Subscribe to Advisories to County Elections Officials in a reader
Subscribe to Advisories to County Elections Officials by Email
What is RSS?
- May Statewide Special: EOPP, Computer Vote Count Program, and Voting Systems Used By County
- Report of Registration: Reminder - 60-day Reporting Forms for Statewide Special Election
- Emergency Regulations: Redlined Post Election Manual Tally Text
- Emergency Regulations: Post Election Manual Tally Requirements - Readoption
- May Statewide Special: Precinct and Election Night Reporting Forms
- Initiative: Circulation of #1357, Related to Societal Issues
- Initiative: Failure of #1346, Related to Term Limits and Campaign Contributions
- May Statewide Special: Suspension of Duplicate Check Processing
- Report of Registration: 60-Day Reporting Forms for Statewide Special Election
- May Statewide Special: No New Parties
- Initiative: Report on County and Municipal Initiative Measures
- June 2nd General Law City Elections: Random Alphabet Drawing
- Escrow Companies: Updated List of Approved Escrow Facilities
- May Statewide Special: CalVoter 60-Day Close Load Files and Voter Information Guide Mailing
- May Statewide Special: Final Spanish Ballot Labels
- Political Party: More Money for Women Party Attempts Qualification
- Initiative: Circulation of #1356, Related to Societal Issues
- CalVoter I: Duplicate Check Criteria - March 2009
- CalVoter: DHS Historic Death Records - January - June 2008
- May Statewide Special: Court-Ordered Changes
- May Statewide Special: Election Calendar
- May Statewide Special: State Ballot Pamphlet Order Forms
- Voting Systems: Suspension of "Air-Gap" Condition for Jurisdictions Conducting Multiple Elections After March 3, 2009, and Before August 4, 2009
- Voting Systems: Report Concerning Errors and Deficiencies in Diebold/Premier GEMS Version 1.18.19
- May Statewide Special: Spanish Ballot Labels
- Voter Registration: Deadline to Order Voter Registration and Voter Notification Cards