CAL-ACCESS FAQs Section 2 Question 7
How do I find out lobbyist employers by category of lobbying activity?
When employers of lobbyists register with the Secretary of State's office, they must indicate an industry group classification that accurately describes the group they represent. This determines in which category the employer is placed. To determine the category of lobbying activity of a particular lobbyist employer:
- Go to the "Lobbying Activity" page. (You may also reach this site from the Secretary of State's Home Page - by clicking on "Lobbying Activity & Finance" under "Political Reform.")
- Select "Lobbyist Employers" by legislative session back to 1999-2000. "Lobbyist Employers" are displayed alphabetically.
- Under "View," click on "By Employer Category." It may take several seconds for the request to be processed. The categories will be displayed, along with the amount of expenditures reported for the various quarters for that category.
- Click on the title of the category desired. It may take several seconds for the request to be processed. A list of the lobbyist employers in that category will be displayed.
- For additional information regarding a particular lobbyist employer, click on the name of the lobbyist employer.